Peer Review

 The reviews I received showed what I did well and where I can improve. I received reviews from six people. 


The first person said that our magazine was barren and that there should be more elaborate in its text and photographs. My reason for this was that we wanted the design of our magazine to be simplistic in nature. One of his suggestions that I will consider implementing is the creation of a timeline for my feature articles as well as those of my partner. 

The second person described our pictures used as underwhelming. My reasoning for the use of these pictures was because we encountered the problem of creating original content because the events take place in foreign countries. To address the issue of citing photographers, we used public domain images. To address the absence of original content, I will make use of photoshop to create illustrations for my magazine. 

The third person said that I should use a cover photo to capture the reader (I will make an illustration of a Roman ship in front of a Tsunami.) It was also recommended that I make more articles out of sections to fill up space on the content page; keep the trim; maintain the font and the situation of pictures. 

The fourth person described the magazine as unique in its approach. 

The fifth person suggested I reduce the opacity of the black highlights on the content page. My reasoning for the opacity on the content page was to create color contrast between the individual contents. However, I am considering removing the highlights entirely to make the magazine appear more simplistic. 

The sixth person recommended that I place text atop my cover photo. I will do so to make as much of the cover photo visible as possible.

Comments